27 March 2013

The Anthropologist's Perspective of Argentina (Fact 1)

There are a bunch of really cool things I am learning about Argentine culture and norms and such, but I can't find a place for them in my blog posts without making them seem thrown in! So I've decided to create these mini posts (with the name most likely longer than the post itself) as my "Fun Facts about Argentina" section.

There is a condiment called "Dulce de Leche" that is very similar to caramel except that it is made with milk, so it is a lot sweeter and spreadable. I use the term condiment because Argentinians put it on everything at anytime of the day- bread, pancakes, crackers, for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! They even eat it straight. I've found it in huge tubs in the supermarket and even in small packets like how they package butter for use at diners.

Crepes with Dulce de Leche and Flan with Dulce de Leche- it apparently wasn't sweet enough already!

No comments:

Post a Comment