04 May 2013

Siete Lagos

2/5

Stephen and Ann-Marie, the couple from London who I hiked to Refugio Frey with a few days earlier, invited me on their day trip through Siete Lagos in their rental car. We were joined by Stephan, a Swiss traveller who Stephen and Ann-Marie had met in their hostel. The four of us took off early in the morning for a day filled with rain, mountains spotted with clouds, and turquoise lakes. It was a fun way to spend a day, but not very eventful. Honestly, once you have seen one lake you've seen them all. We stopped in San Martin de los Andes around 2pm for lunch, dropped Stephan off at his hostel in the city,  and then the three of us headed on back to Bariloche.

Sunrise over the lake from my hostel

One lake

Another lake- Stephen and I were able to convince Stephan to come swimming up to the shins with us

San Martin de los Andes

Clear turquoise waters was not exactly what I expected in Patagonia

No comments:

Post a Comment