15 April 2013

La Estancia

12/4

So apparently an language study abroad program includes actual studying, so here are some bullet points about a fabulous day in the Argentinian countryside!

1. Our group travelled to an estancia (ranch) about an hour and a half long bus ride outside of Buenos Aires
2. Gaby recommended we bring jackets but I decided against the extra weight and it turned out to be a beautifully sunny and clear day

What a beautiful day!

Even the dogs were enjoying the sun

3. I rode a horse for the first time since I was 10 and got over my fear of riding!


3.5. Except the (very sexy) gauchos knew I wasn't experienced and wouldn't let me get past a trot- in broken English, they told me "we don't want to get chopped up into soup by Gaby" (because if I had fallen off, Gaby would have been all over them... and I was the only one at risk of falling of course)

Come on, just let me ride and be free!

4. We had 5 meals- breakfast (croissants and tea), first lunch (salads and bread), second lunch (meat and potatoes), first dessert (incredible home made flan with dulce de leche), and second dessert (pear tart)

Preparing the meat

MEAT! (chorizo, pollo, carne)

5. We played fútbol with the gauchos and then sang around the dinner table as if it were a campfire

Guard owls to take care of the rodents

No comments:

Post a Comment